11.04.2007

Raleigh visit - success

I flew out to Raleigh to check out the town, meet my advisors and the department, and find a place to live.  Operation successful. I think I really lucked out finding a place to live.  My criteria were cost, proximity to campus, and good landlord.  I have never liked apartment complexes and the management firms that run them, so a private landlord is my preference.  Here's what I found.  new place It's a cute duplex that's right next to campus.  Check out the map:new place- map (Click to enlarge) The place is well laid out, has parking, a washer dryer unit in the unit, and the landlord is a mellow dude who runs his own electrician biz.  There's food/drink and library (my staples in the next few years) in easy biking distance.  I hope to give the old truck some well deserved rest. My advisor is also a very mellow guy who I think I can work well with and learn a lot from.  He's well established in the field and seems to care a lot about the well-being and future of his students.  I think it's going to be a productive couple of years at least. So now my goal is to get my poop in a pile and loaded up to drive across the country to my new home.  My last day at work was Friday, so I have no more good excuses to procrastinate on my packing.  Anyone want to buy a drum set?

No comments: